View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 10:45 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
YY

Thanks Phil. Looks like you have some great items and collecting interests as well. Your mention of a West coast type collection sounds really intriguing, and very expensive. LOL. I actually also type collect on top of the many sets I'm working on as well, and have a lot of oddball stuff I've acquired over the years. In regards to West coast items, are you at all familiar with the circa 1936 Sports Stamps that were printed in various newspapers across the country back then? They included pictures and short stories and bios of baseball players, as well as individuals from multiple other sports (even race car drivers), that were to be cut out of the papers so they could be saved and collected. The old Krause/SCD catalogs would list some of the newspapers these Sports Stamps used to be printed in, but one they never did list were 1936 Sports Stamps from the Los Angeles Examiner. Was wondering if you ever came across any of these in youe type collecting pursuits? I believe for baseball players they listed guys in the Pacific Coast League. Would seem to be something you'd be interested in. Just an FYI.
Thanks for kind words Bob, I seem to recollect the Sport Stamps being mentioned here in a post but I haven't done a done a deep dive into that type yet, I'm always interested in West Coast issues so thanks for the tip.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-