View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 08:40 AM
Wimberleycardcollector

Unless you live in Texas you probably aren't qualified to really tell us how perfect or imperfect Texas is. Sometimes things happen like an unprecedented 100+ year Texas winter storm and it creates havoc. No worse than a hurricane or tornado. Similar to the pandemic our country was completely unprepared for. Couldn't even get enough PPE. Yes, they could have prepared better for the storm but more than likely it still would have been a problem for many since the forecast was pretty short notice. Where I live I'm pretty much set up to be self sufficient when needed and anyone else can easily do the same. I live in a flood zone and being an Eagle Scout I'm always over prepared. We had wood, water, fireplace, generator, etc. A lot of people weren't prepared and didn't take it seriously so it's not just on the state or the electric providers.
Also I have said before Texas isn't a free for all right now. In Central Texas all the virus protocols are still in place for masks, distancing, etc. even though the state doesn't have a mandate. They never enforced the mandates anyway. That was always at state and local levels. Seeing that the states that have the surges right now are all north of the Mason Dixon line I think it would be best for everyone to just chill on dissing Texas and other southern states who are using common sense but still practicing protocols. Vaccine appointments are down I read this morning even though it's open to everyone. Let's talk about all of the people who are scared to get one. Now that's an interesting topic.

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 04-10-2021 at 08:42 AM.