View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default my endorsement

Quote:
Originally Posted by blades3 View Post
Guys,

There is no demise of Collect.com Auctions. I have launched and ran the business the entire time and I'm currently working (with others) to purchase the assets from F+W Media so there will be a seamless transition. There may be a slight name change and an address change, but that will be the only difference (besides quicker payouts for consignors). The new-and-improved version will have its next big auction from March 22 through April 7, with a consignment deadline of Feb. 12.

As for the rest of it, I'm saddened to see friends leaving the building. Having been at the company for 16+ years, it's difficult to see Tuff Stuff go and SCD continue to get thinner, but it's especially difficult to see someone like TS go. He showed me the ropes when I arrived here and has been a close friend the entire time. I don't post here much but thought I should in this case. Thanks.

Steve Bloedow
director of auctions
Steve,
I know we have discussed this and I wouldn't have brought it up had someone not already mentioned it. I fully support whatever you do. You are one of the good guys in the hobby and regardless of what you do, I support you in your endeavors. The hobby needs more good guys like yourself!! Good luck and Godspeed.