View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone have issues with SGC holder damaging cards?

Posted By: Kirk Rothrum

"I don't think SGC or any other grader assures that a slabbed card will remain pristine forever"

Maybe not, but it's a given that the encapsulation of the card should not damage the card.

"if you have to get a card under that kind of enlargement to show a slight rub/lift on an edge, one that you're not even sure wasn't the result of being dropped...you're worrying slightly too much!"

I don't think so. It's enlarged to show well at 72 dpi. It's easily seen by the naked eye with no jewelers loop. Hell, Both flaws caused by the holder are the length of 2 letters of the text underneath... Do you need to enlarge a card to read the back? And you're throwing the word slight around too much. The holder damaged the card... I think when a company is entrusted with encapsulating a piece of American history of which there is a finite number, they should be held to task when a practice or method is shown to be, in fact, damaging to an article. I understand, to you it's a Yogi Berra rookie, and not a huge investment. not to me.