View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Default Who do you collect with?

Posted By: jay behrens

I guess you could say I collect with Lee, but we have different tastes in cards. As kids, we collected together along with a bunch of kids from the neighborhood. We probably knew at least a dozen or more kids in town (pop under 6k) that collected and were also trading an competing. I remember when found out one of the kids was ordering complete sets from Renta Galasso(sp) in the 70s and thought that was cheating.

We bought everything. Baseball, football, basketball and hockey. I remember the first pack of cards I got was on the way home from a trip to the Twin Cities and we stopped in St Cloud for gas. It was a pack of 1969 Topps football and remember getting Larry Czonka, Jerrel Wilson and Jan Stenarud. That following summer we bought our first baseball cards and I remember Tito Fuentes being in the first pack I opened.

I remember my first pack of basketball cards and getting an Artis Gilmore card with monster afro. My first hockey pack I remember getting STan Makita and GUmp Worsley. He really should have worn a mask. He gives Yogi a run for ugly.

Jay

I like to sit outside, drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home, I would be arrested. So, I go to baseball games and fit right in.