View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 03:25 PM

That is good news for me. Do you have a lot of data regarding sales that made you arrive at that number. The Hunt auction in 2008 was for an SGC 20 which is pretty low on the grading scale and it still got $3500. I wish they would have shown a picture of the back to show the ink mark. Has it been decided that the card is not as scarce as once thought? or are you staying on the safe side of the valuation. I am always curious as to how the prices are determined.

I have searched all of the auctions sites and the only two I could locate where the ones I previously mentioned. If anyone knows of any other sales, especially one with pictures that I could look at I would love to see them. I think my card is in very good shape but does appear to have a dinged corner or two. The card also does not lie perfectly flat. Not sure how this affects grading. I am hesitant to pay for another VCP subscription just because I am worried about signing up and finding out that there is no data recorded. I wish they woul tell you how many auctions they have recorded per card so that one can make an educated decision regarding whether a subscription is worth it. I realize the 1 day subscription is cheap but still, I would like to know if there is any data available. P.S. My card is exactly 2 5/8 x 3 5/8

Also do you think that the Mastro auction was not on the level and somehow has been artificially jacked up?

EDIT: Scans added below the pics on my site. www.mmmm13.com/mantle

Last edited by magic1313; 07-15-2010 at 07:51 PM.