View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 09:03 AM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Sorry to Hear/See that

Ok that is beyond odd.
Was there really another bid? IS there some extreme fees?

Have you reached out to them?
I decided to watch a few cards that I need for my set builds. I figured if was more likely that the first auction out of the gates would be less likely to have any apparent shenanigans. Most everything finished outside my budget, so no loss to me. But, the thing that will keep me from bidding on their future auctions is that the closed auctions don't show any bid history, as near as I can tell.

With all the other auction houses I deal with, you can see bid history (but not any type of bidder identification.) With eBay, not only can you see bid history, you can also see an anonymized bidder identification and from that ID you can see that bidders history with the particular seller. It isn't complete proof, but with the history information you can start to get some notion as to whether shill bidding may be happening.

The opacity of this new PWCC platform is enough to keep me away. Though, I swim in the shallow end of the hobby pool, so no great loss to them. I am sure they won't even notice.