View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDice View Post
If I remember correctly someone did a signing with Oh in the early 90s in the states which is where most of the Aaron / Oh dual signed stuff comes from. Could someone have had a Ruth ball done? Sure. You never know what people want to add a signature on. Personally I stay away from that Oh's i have seen as I believe most are fake.

Side note I have a single signed Oh ball that a former teammate had him sign to my son while he was playing in Japan for him? Apparently personalization is not big in Japan. The interpreter tried several to explain what they wanted Oh to sign on the ball, finally frustrated the interrupter did the personalization for Oh who then signed the ball
Jack Petrozelli & 59 innings did a show called "The International" at the Anaheim Convention Center in the 1990's that did in fact feature HR sluggers Hank Aaron and Sadaharu Oh.
I personally went to this show and opted to get a IP single signed beauty of Sadaharu Oh instead a getting one dual signed since I already owned a really nice single signed Aaron. I recall some people getting both to sign a single ball. Additionally, Oh reluctantly signed a few balls in Japanese and in English. If I recall correctly, Oh charged either $50 or $75 for his SS autograph. which I felt was a true bargain for "Mr. 868"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sadaharu Oh single signed baseball- front.jpg (62.1 KB, 718 views)
File Type: jpg Sadaharu Oh single signed baseball- back.jpg (66.8 KB, 724 views)