View Single Post
Old 07-14-2022, 11:07 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Nope. Zero interest in paying PSA anything these days to "grade" my cards. They're so bad right now. They're putting complete noob graders who had never even seen a vintage card prior to their training last month on even high end vintage.

It's gotten so bad that I'm now looking out for recently graded serial numbers and looking for severely under-graded cards. They're everywhere. I'm getting PSA 3s and crossing them over to SGC 5s right now. And PSA 1s with no creases or wrinkles or surface issues of any kind that are crossing over to SGC 2.5, 3, and 3.5. It's actually kinda funny how bad they are right now. Don't get me wrong, they still have some competent graders, and occasionally, your card will get into the right hands, but you're playing Russian Roulette right now if you send your cards in to PSA. At least with SGC, they are reliably handing out fair and consistent grades. But with PSA, you can send the same card in 3 times and get a 2.5 one day, and a 4.5 the next. That should never happen. Some cards are on the fence, but no cards should ever be 2 grades off.