View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 03:10 PM
And.rew Fin.kel.man

Val, I’m not sure I can give a definitive answer about how much space each person will have, because I don’t know how many people are going to show up. We have gotten a positive response, so that is great. That said, the room is pretty large, and I don’t expect that space will be an issue. If anyone shows up with a card show booth amount of stuff, that won’t work, but everyone should have room for at least a few display cases (or equivalent) if they want. A formal display is certainly not necessary for those that prefer to just bring a box full of cards and walk around. I am going to meet with the catering director at the club in the next week to go over table layout etc., so if I have a better idea after that, I will definitely provide an update.

Ryan expressed pretty accurately what I expect the atmosphere will be like. Certainly not formal like a card show with dealers on one side of a table and buyers on the other. I think it will be more like a bunch of friends getting together to hang out and look at cool cards in a very casual way. I’m sure that some deals/trades will happen, but really that is not necessarily the main objective in my view.

Yes, it is fine to come even if you don’t bring any cards, but I would encourage you to bring whatever you collect.

Finally, one item that I wish I didn’t have to bring up, but need to… There are likely to be some very nice cards in the room, and the last thing we want is for anything to go “missing”. Although I certainly hope and expect that there won’t be any issues, I would strongly encourage everyone to keep eyes on their stuff at all times.

Last edited by Andrew1975; 01-10-2023 at 07:50 PM.