View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 10:29 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
Thanks for the clarification on the different silks Bob. I don't know if you've looked at the pages from the journal but the majority of them are instructions on what to insert in each product from 1909-1912 they even listed the ones that didn't have any inserts.

Attachment 555585

I don't have an answer either as to why they trimmed the S74 but for the purpose it served I don't think it would have mattered maybe they had a sheet or whatever the uncut silks are called and that's the way the person cut it I'm sure there were probably more than one of these journals that were used for a reference in what to pack in the products.
Hey Pat,

No, I have honestly not closely looked at and/or studied any of the pages from the ATC journal, though I am aware of it existing and being out there. Just never got quite that deep into the tobacco issues of individual products. Probably should take a closer look at some point though. Is there a source to actually view the complete pages of the Journal? If so, I was not aware of one, and have only seen someone post a page or image from time to time, like was done with this image posted in this thread.

And you're right, we'll likely never know why the Journal failed to list any details or info on the silks' distribution. Interesting to think about and discuss though.