View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 08:15 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidepocket View Post
It seems PSA is incredibly harsh grading lately, and researching sales of these cards on eBay it appears SGC has been getting prices very comparable to PSA.
I wouldn't say harsh so much as incredibly inconsistent. If I had a dollar for every person I've seen sending NM cards in that are returned PSA 4's recently - well, I'd have more $ to spend on this hobby, for sure.

Last year a good friend of mine (and board member, hi Robert...) sent in a blazer Ryan RC, only it was miscut s-s. The corners even under magnification were pack fresh perfect, nothing else wrong with the card. We were expecting it to get an 8 (MC) from PSA at the minimum. Instead they sent it back a 4 (MC). Total crap grade and inconsistent with their standards - I could have seen them giving it a straight 4 for the MC if they didn't want to use a qualifier - but as many of you know, that's not how PSA rolls. Giving it such a low grade with the qualifer everyone knew it would get anyway was asinine, and I would bet money would not happen to a submitter who was a known quantity to PSA.

I digress, only to say to your original post those cards have a lot better chance of getting a fair shake at SGC than they do at PSA right now. Acquisition or not...

Last edited by jchcollins; 03-13-2024 at 08:18 AM.