View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 06:54 AM
Bill Cauley

As much as I love going to the card shows, it's always been something sporadic for me through the years.

I think the first one I ever went to was somewhere on the shoreline in CT when I was a kid and went solely to get my 1983 Topps card autographed by Jim Rice.

Went to a couple of others in CT here and there which was always fun as my Dad would point out some of the cards he remembered having when he was a kid from the 50s-60s.

I do remember the University of New Haven in CT had a run of a yearly card show which I attended a few times, not sure if they still do it but I enjoyed it. Managed to get Jim Rice and Fred Lynn to autograph a baseball for me one time, just need Dwight Evans on it now but I don't know if he does shows or anything.

After moving to Virginia once I was out of the military about 12 years ago, I've gone to a few here. Not small but have been to the Chantilly show a small handful of times, eventually I'll go again. There is a monthly card/comic show at a hotel in Tyson's Corner area that I pop into once every few months or so. Nothing much going on there but it's always fun to just go to a show once in awhile and look at stuff.