View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
This thread came to my mind after reading this article, by Rich Mueller, concerning the Rhode Island Show. It celebrates it's 47 anniversary! Which I'm sure not many shows can say the same!

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...ard-show-2023/

It includes an original advertisement from the show in 1978, with quite the autograph lineup, Ted Williams, Hank Aaron and Rod Carew! Only a Dollar entry to boot! Anyone here attend that show in general? Maybe have some fond memories?

Wonder how much some of the pre-war cards were going for back then? Would've scooped up as many Wagner's, Cobbs, Ruth's and Gehrigs I could afford, and some Mantle's too!

Been going to this show for many years, but not quite back to 1978. Still a pretty good show that I try to never miss because there really aren't any others of any size around here.

They added a Fall show for 2022. I hope that one sticks around too.

Successful sales transactions with jamorton215, gorditadogg, myerburg311, TAFKADixie, jimq16415, Thromdog, CardPadre