View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 11:11 AM

Default Brooks Robinson PSA Master Set - 1971

Good Sunday morning. Went to my first Orioles Game last night...not a great finish but it was nice to see the fans, ballfield and Orioles "stuff." As promised, this week is 1971 and there is a lot of ground to cover. First off, you have the two versions of the Dell Stamps (All Stars and Team). I believe I added the two sheets to the Master. Both the sheets came from a book and both are highest graded as PSA 8. The individual all star stamp is tied as highest graded (PSA 10) and the team version is a PSA 9...there is one PSA 10. Lots of HoF'ers on these two sheets. Moving right, my favorite, the 1971 Bazooka entries. In 1971, you had the Numbered (very hard to find) and no number version. I mistakenly included the 1963 Bazooka box (it took 30 minutes or so to pull these out, display them and put them in their home so sorry...not enough energy to redo all of this but if anyone insists, happy to pull the 1971 box out and take a picture.). My 1971 no number Brooks bazooka box with Hank Aaron is graded PSA 5. It is hard to find these boxes at an affordable price. There are 7 graded higher. The numbered hand cut card is graded PSA 7 with 2 higher. The hand cut panel is graded PSA 4 with 3 graded higher. The numbered hand cut card is a PSA 8 with 5 higher and the no number panel is a PSA 8 with 6 graded higher. The Bazooka cards, boxes and panels are all hard to find and expensive. Next, is the 1971 Orioles Post Card as a PSA 6 with two graded higher. I am showing the 1971 Milk Duds variations. The Master requires the #18 and #23 box and hand cut card. Brooks had two entries in this set. These are hard to grade. I am showing the #18 PSA 5 with 5 higher and #23 PSA 6 with 1 higher. The card is a PSA 8 with 5 higher. I am also showing the ungraded box. The 1971 Topps Tattos are perforated and shown is the PSA 9 with Brooks and Nate Colbert as a PSA 9 (tied as higherst graded). The individual Brooks is a PSA 5. The master includes one or the other; I need to find a better individual Brooks Tattoos. Another one of my favorites is the 1971 Orioles Champions Card of Brooks; this one is a PSA 8 and tied highest graded. I have the entire set. I found the set at a show and paid $60...what a find! This set celebrates the 1970 WS championship (I believe it was released in the Baltimore area in late 1970) but for some reason, PSA counts it as a 1971. The 1971 Brooks Coin is a PSA 8 and there are 2 graded higher. This coin is harder to grade than the earlier 1960s coins. The 1971 All Star Photo is a PSA 9 and there are 3 graded higher. The bottom row includes the 1971 OPC and Topps entries. I have not had a lot of luck with the WS OPC card; here, I have a PSA 3 with 40 graded higher. The OPC Brooks regular card is a beauty. This PSA 7 is a high grade; there are 7 higher. The OPC WS game 5 card of Brooks is another nice one coming in at PSA 7; there are 9 graded higher. The Topps WS card is a PSA 8 and very difficult to find graded higher. My PSA 8 is probably the best I will own; these are so expensive. There are 19 graded higher. The 1971 Brooks Topps is a PSA 8.5. When I found this, I thought I might upgrade it but not likely given the low numbers (12 higher) and extreme cost. The last item is the WS card of Brooks as a PSA 8 with 40 graded higher. The next entry is the 1971 Greatest Moments. Surprisingly, there are 18 graded higher than my PSA 7. These are so expensive. This one is very nice; I had a PSA 6 but sold it to make room for this one (gosh...I regret that). The 1971 Topps Super is a PSA 9 and tied as highest graded with 8 others. I prefer the 1969 Super but this one is very nice. This was a big list so sorry about not providing more details on the different items. Next week, 1972, will have a 1/3 of the entries as 1971. Have a great week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1971 Brooks.jpg (77.9 KB, 188 views)