View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 09:38 AM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I have seen cards for 100s over market price (on a 100 dollar card) because on a 100 dollar card..on guy bids 300 on bay figuring he will get the card a dollar over the 102-120 the last second guy bids but it turns out that last second guy bid 301.....neither guy wanted the card for 300 but thought they would win it in the 100-120 range and didn't want to lose by a dollar...

with 5 secs, you know exactly when to stop......I mean maybe your max bid is 121..but when you lose to a bid of 122..you realize you could of bid 123....its real hard to know what your max max bid is....yes I know it simple just bid exactly the highest amount you would go on the card to the exact cent....its easier said than done...and still hurts if lose by a dollar....if had those extra 5 secs maybe you bid the dollar....and you don't have to bid 300 in my example to make sure you don't lose a 100 dollar card by a dollar...
You are assuming the winning bidder only bid a dollar more than you. More likely the winning bidder had a snipe or max bid significantly higher than yours and your $1 or 10$ extra would not be enough anyway. I've said it before ...If you really want the card, bid like you really want the card. Others will and you will lose most the time.