View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 05:38 PM
Dave Grob

Default Koufax Jersey

I will chime in, but because of my contractual obligations, I am sure you will find this post disappointing as it is void of an opinion.

The sleeve style has already been mentioned as Raglan as opposed to “set-in”. This is always something to confirm with contemporary images. In most cases it is consistent across team orders, but there are exceptions (look at Gehrig in the late 1930s as compared to team mates). The next thing to look at and conform is the tagged size vs the actual size. To do this, you really should be working with period on hand products by the SAME manufacturer (yes, there are differences as these were what is known as “made to order uniforms). Next would be to take a look at the fabric quality; this is assessed by comparative analysis looking at the weave (digital microscope is ideal for this). Since this is a Dodger’s jerseys, the lettering and numbering is affixed (or should be) with a “in-line” or straight stitch. This should allow for the back of athletic felt used for these applications to be examined. Then there is the tagging, also worth looking at with both a digital microscope and UV lighting.

A nice problem free all, original Koufax jersey is a six figure uniform all day long…

Dave Grob
davegrob1@aol.com