View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 02:24 PM
Ryan Phi

Ive been in the Clemente Museum many times and have talked to the curator quite a bit as well. At the moment, I reside in Pittsburgh. The Museum is in an old firehouse and when you first enter, its a great big room where the firetrucks would have been. In this room, alot of things were under glass. Near the back and upstairs are alot more items and historical items. Those items are also behind glass but not everything. Im sure each room has cameras, but Ive always been amazed that many items upstairs are not really locked up. I dont know of anything ever reported stolen, but if someone was hell bent on taking something, there is the possibility it could be done.

Its a phenomenal museum and the only thing better to me was the Hall of Fame. There are some great Clemente artifacts.

If your donating mainly photos, I would think those would be in the main hall (the great big open room) where theft may be harder. Thats where alot of the photos are placed. You may want to confirm where in the museum your items will be located at as well.

Pre-COVID all of the tours were timed so most of the time each person is in the controlled group but at the end of the tour, they give people free time to wander around. Also, pre-COVID, there was one day a month that was done open-house style where people were not on an organized tour.

Last edited by philo98; 05-24-2021 at 02:25 PM.