View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 09:22 AM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlevy View Post
I have loaned items from my Sandy Koufax collection to a couple of museums as well as to the Dodgers for their pop-up museum. Never a problem, they insured for the full value, and I received all of the proper documentation, including photos from their curators showing the condition of the items upon delivery to them to. I would gladly do it again as it is a lot of fun to share items, especially with people who would appreciate them. A lot of my friends aren't baseball fans, and I have never even bothered showing them anything from my collection as they couldn't care less about Koufax.
Agree totally with these comments. I've loaned some items to the Red Sox which have been on display at Fenway for several year now - they documented it all very well, provided insurance paperwork with estimates, etc.

Having stuff piled up at home or in a safe deposit box is great, but I think it's pretty neat to have a museum want to be able to share and display my things for other baseball lovers to view. My friends / family only have passing interest in my collection, so I am happy others get to see and appreciate these pieces of history.