View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 07:01 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoricNewspapers View Post
Thanks Gary. That Hostess display is one of my favorite things. It looks great in person as it is 3-D and not a flat board. I plan on making a display with that as the centerpiece with some complete boxes(showing them both put together and flat). Showing them flat gives the viewer the ability to see the entire design. Showing them put together gives depth to them.

Storing them flat makes the most sense. I store mine flat too. What I plan on doing with my stored flat boxes is to house them like comic book collectors do individually with a white cardboard backing and then inside a large soft poly bag/sleeve. That way they can be looked at more easily. I hold some old newspapers that way and it works great for those.

Everyone has their preferences like the gentleman above who cuts them into singles. I have a single cut Murray from '78 as well to round out the collection including the complete three card panel and then the complete box.

I enjoy hearing what other people do with the Hostess cards, there are favorite ways for everyone to enjoy, just like everyone had their favorite Hostess snack. They really are a slice of Americana from back then. I remember some of the Hostess commercials back then when they called them "nutritious" snacks.
I have to add that I also really like that display. I collected the Hostess cards as a kid from the beginning, and never saw one of those.

All we got where I was were the little shelf signs. I have a couple of those.