View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 07:40 AM
Mikeknapp

Thanks for the reply’s and advice everyone. I must admit to being initially a bit apprehensive about the prospect of leaving some of my collection in Pittsburgh. Nonetheless, I flew in from Seattle and spent the better part of an amazing day at the Roberto Clemente Museum with founder Duane Rieder. He gave me a three hour private tour. I also had the opportunity to meet Roberto Clemente Jr. he was very friendly and talked with me at length. The museum has a magical feel. History has been brought to life through Duane’s reverence, and passion for the Clemente family. Roberto’s story and legacy in Pittsburgh are in good and caring hands. I sense there are big things in the future for Duane and the museum. If you haven’t already visited I encourage you to do so. I loaned photos and memorabilia and am honored that they would will be on display in such a special place. Duane and I also attended the game that evening. The Pirates supplies the tickets. I have been asked to assist the Museum as needed. I will be returning in a few weeks to assist when the Mets are in town and I will be returning again in September to assist with the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the 1971 Championship. For this obsessed collector calling this an exciting opportunity would be an understatement to say the least.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)