View Single Post
Old 07-19-2023, 09:33 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrotn77 View Post
Thanks, guys. So, why do some of those foreign listings show up when you do a search on eBay US and others do not?
There was a time where ebay would list your items in another country. For U.S. it was usually the U.K. It was probably done to expand their marketplace. I believe the seller must chose the platform now. You can go to the other sites and watch items on your ebay US watchlist. However, you cannot see the sellers other listings if you are not on their platform - ebay Italy, Spain etc. I just doublechecked ebay Belgium. You can chose either Dutch or French and Chrome will translate both.

I agree with Peter. For the most part you will find items on the other sites that would be considered steals here. Some of the foreign sellers realize that U.S. buyers are coming over to their platforms to look for items and are pricing accordingly i.e. the German Babe Ruth card (Sanella?), Mühlen Franck, Panini, Reemstma and others.

The people that are most resistant to shipping overseas are the Australians. For some reason many sellers refuse to ship to the U.S. Also, if they are listing using the Ebay Global Shipping program you could ask them to ship via registered mail. Registered mail via Poste Italiane, La Poste (France), Correos (Spain), Bpost (Belgium) will be much cheaper than ebay global.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 07-19-2023 at 09:47 PM.