View Single Post
Old 06-02-2023, 07:15 AM

Default Salada 180 vs 200 backs

I have a question perhaps someone can answer. I understand the 180 vs 200 backs and how they came about. My question is for the coins 1 - 180 is the 180 or 200 back more rare? I put together a set off eBay and at the end of the day only ended up with 5 coins that were 180 backs. While some people list the back type on the listing .... there does not seem to be a price difference.... but If I only randomly got 5 180 backs out of 264 purchased it would seem to indicate the 180's are rarer. It looks like both versions of many of the variations were produced with both backs which is interesting. For example I have a Zimmer Cub and Met variation both with 200 backs .... so even when they added the expansion teams and changed the backs to declare the new 200 total they continued to make the Cub version with the new 200 back even though they added the Met version with the 200 back. Given the nature of collecting one would think both versions of the first 180 coins would be listed and the lower "print version" would have a premium attached. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyone have info on this??