Thread: ebay issues
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 09:23 AM
Michael

Default ebay issues

My son has been selling some signed cards I gave him to help with his mortgage- vintage signed- anywhere in the $10-$1000 range. He recently sold a 1961 Topps Drysdale.Buyer was someone who buys and sells. He claims the card has major creases despite the picture on ebay showing it didn't. My guess is the buyer damaged it removing it from the toploader. He is returning it via ebays return policy. Maybe he is super picky and there is some nearly invisible crease we missed on listing it in which case we will happily refund. If he damaged it (he claims there is a major horizontal crease which again there was not)- is it worth fighting on ebay or is it a lost cause since my son only as 110 feedbacks and this guy has 5000+. Does the seller ever win if he isn't a big customer for ebay?
It isn't big $ and that is not the issue. Just the principal of it all. The buyers statements imply we are deceitful which we are not. He claims we should have mentioned the major creases (there aren't any). Meanwhile I went on his for sale list and he does have some items with major visible creases he doesn't list in the description.
Any input here? Thanks