View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 09:43 AM
P@trick R.omolo

For a few reasons I have always thought the t213-1's were printed after they stopped printing the t206's. If they were printed at the same time why would they use a different cardboard stock, I know they're rare but if they were printed at the same time why wouldn't we see a couple of T213's that were printed on the thicker stock by mistake or t206's on the thinner stock printed by mistake. There have also been many finds that have a mix of a few scarce backs like Broad Leaf and Lenox but I don't recall any that had t213's.

I think the ledger pages from the journal might be the best evidence that they were printed later. The dates are from early 1909 to 1912 and after making a list I found there are 35 different cigarette brands in the journal. There are 45 on the index page but 10 of them are repeats of the same brand. All of the t206 cigarette brands have a ledger page with instruction on how many cards to insert in the packs and cartons. Coupon cigarettes isn't in the journal anywhere.

img399.jpg

img400.jpg

img401.jpg