View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Today, I harken back to post #141 (and the ensuing follow ups there), to show an oddity I ran across. Graded versions of the 1961 Topps #160 Whitey Ford card are so often found with qualifiers attached to them (with an inordinate amount of 'PDs'). Here's mine (I'll refrain from screaming about how much I disagree with the assessment. Been there, done that.)...

Attachment 478340

But then I looked at the POP reports for Whitey, and I was stunned even more. Take a look at the number of cards in higher grades, as a percentage, that received qualifiers. Yowza!!!!! Almost half of all 9's have a qualifier attached, and 39% of all 8's have one.* That's gotta be some sort of a curiously strange record.

Attachment 478342

This entire post was off the cuff, so can anyone think of other cards that have been hammered as much as the wonderful Mr. Ford??

*The overall percentage across all grades is just about one in ten, a hair shy of 10%.
Interesting. And interesting thread! Glad it got brought back the top. I learned something today... Don't ignore the ones with qualifiers! Lol

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk