View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 09:31 AM
Al Richter

In 1991 during their 40 year celebration Topps purchased 3 full sets of their cards for every year and gave them away as individual insert cards or redemption cards, or individual sets or a full run of sets ( grand prize) by means of pack inserts of Instant Game Win Cards. The cards were numbered. Pretty sure 264 cards were possible. I have all but 3, which I think may have been big prize cards where only one was issued. Not sure. Still looking for those 3 to complete the "set"

In 1990 you could build a set of 22 Batting Leaders cards from Topps Blister packs. Those cards were pictured on top of middle row of the packs. I had to buy a lot of blister packs to finish the set

I really like the Topps Black Gold ( 44) and Gold ( 825/792) inserts from from 93 and 94. Both versions of the Black Gold checklists are tough, as discussed in another thread

A question for the group...maybe Dylan will know....in 1991 in addition to the Instant Win cards mentioned above there were also Match The Stats insert cards. I have a bunch but unsure how many comprise a "set". Anyone know ?