View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 04:33 AM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
I first saw Van Halen in 1978 when they opened up for Black Sabbath at MSG. I was staying in a hotel in Long Island in 1995
...on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Your hotel choice made this tour manager laugh out loud 220 days into the zombie apocalypse.

I will guess that the show must have been at Jones Beach, although I suppose it could have been at the Nassau Coliseum, either way, I always do my best to avoid putting the band at a hotel out there. Last time we spent the night in Philadelphia and drove in early afternoon directly to the venue for sound check, then headed out straight away after the show to the next city (and hotel).

When forced to stay somewhere close, that's the same hotel I have used.
As a native Long Islander, I'm curious as to why you don't stay on the Island. I grew up in Wantagh in the 80s, moved to Queens for 20 years and then moved back to raise my family here in 2014. My wife hates it and I regret not moving to Merrick, Bellmore, Wantagh, Seaford or Massapequa. I reside in a sort of "wannabe" mobster town in western Nassau.

The Garden City Hotel has a long history of discrimination. 47 years old, I've never been inside. But if you don't stay there, where are you going to go? The Long Island Marriott?

Fun thread. Only set lists I have are of recent vintage from shows at Brooklyn Steel (best music venue to hit NYC in years).