View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 08:32 AM
Rob

Great bunch of AFL pennants Greg. The Raiders in your pic is definitely a rare and desirable one. But, I've never seen one up close and I've never been able to figure out what the graphic is supposed to be. Is it a QB throwing while being chased by a defender? A receiver catching?

As for the polaroid pic...Interesting to me the Raiders is included with a group of later pennants. That Raiders is nearly always attributed to the early 60s...but It seems odd to me a young girl would have a 10 year old pennant on the wall. I suspect they made that pennant throughout the 60s. I have one that is soft felt, but I also owned one years ago that was the stiffer late 60s/early 70s material. The stiffer one had the brittle, stiff tassels that fall apart too.

The Raiders have always been a weak spot in my collection. Their pennants are typically very expensive but they're so rare and Raider fans are so rabid, they have no problem paying when they do turn up. But over the last couple of months, I've made some nice new additions. I'll try to get a picture up later today.