View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
I agree. Doesn't matter if it's $2 or $2000, why shift the blame and say it is the hobby that is the problem? There are lots of guys on this board and in the hobby that spend $5/week on cards and have just as much enjoyment as the next guy.

Inter-Personal relationships seem to be the problem you are dealing with and you might want to look at that rather than at the larger "big fish problem" that you state. My guess is that if you're having a problem with folks on this board that you might be having similar problems in your personal life. Look inward, my friend. I wish you the best and hope you find peace and happiness.
I'm usually on the other side and happened to catch this thread and agree with Jason. I, too, wish Brandon well, but the "hobby" isn't the problem.

I'm not a huge collector but I do enjoy collecting cards of my favorite ballplayer of all-time Tom Tresh. Once a week I make a purchase of one of his 1963 Topps SP rookie card and that's what makes me happy. Do what makes you happy and don't allow others to influence what you do. I own quite a few Derek Jeter autographed rookie baseballs but I would sell them before I sold my Tom Tresh collection.

Do what makes you happy, but it isn't the "hobby" that's making you unhappy. My two cents.