View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Default How does one get their sons into collectiing?

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Thanks for the tips. Jim, your post made me laugh. When my wife was pregnant we learned at about 7 weeks that we were having identical twins. For about two months I prayed hard that they were boys for two reasons: a) I didn't think emotionally I was prepared to handle the raising of two girls that looked the same in Manhattan (the shrink bills alone, I assumed, would make me homeless); and b) I assumed that they'd have no interest in my cards. So in my head I had this sad fantasy that one day, when very old, I'd have to call down to my doorman and have him come up and take my cards off my hands. At around 13 1/2 weeks, about 3 weeks before the doctor would be willing to make a call on the sex of our kids, we convinced an ultrasound tech to tell us what she thought. After begging me not to make her make the call, she relented and said she was pretty sure we were having two boys but she didn't want to be held to it. Of course, I was over the moon, knowing I had kids to give the cards to. (Three years later the boys are destroying everything they see, still aren't potty trained and defy me at every turn -- I wouldn't mind two girls for about, say, 5 years)