View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 01:37 AM
Ma-rc Alph0ns0

Going back to the OP's question, I would say that Trout is a GREAT buy (and I wouldn't say that for really any of the modern guys). Yes, even at the $1100 price tag today. The card was selling at under $400 just over two years ago and already in his sixth season at that time. He was already a solid player. He is the face of MLB today and has always been extremely popular amongst fans and collectors. He is what I consider a blue chip. A sure thing - regardless if he makes the playoffs or wins a World Series.

As far as you not feeling safe with PSA, I understand but I will say this. I would rather have it in a PSA holder and know that at least someone took a look at it rather than have it raw and wonder two things, what's the true condition and second, if someone even trimmed that one.

I say go for it if that's what you want. If you're still on the fence about the player, then perhaps go with a 1993 Topps Derek Jeter Gold PSA 10. They currently can be had for about $1000 and I believe they will be $1,400 within two years now that he's in.

Last edited by Foo3112; 01-26-2020 at 01:39 AM.