View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 01:43 AM
Steve

I think the ship has sailed when it comes to buying these. I remember three years ago they were $300-330 and I said nah too high and decided not to cough up the money for one. I should've obviously, as my uncle who just got back into collecting at the time grabbed one or two. that was the going rate on those.

then, about almost 2 yrs ago, I remember the market manipulation on these where someone from either California or Vegas was pumping them. there were like 6-8 auctions all listed at once on ebay and the final prices ended in the $600+ range and I believe were purchased by the same person. if I recall, it was suspected that the owner of them were selling and buying them back from their different accounts at high prices. this caused a stir on forums as suspicious. ever since those new "comps", they set the new market value and since then its been increasing, as far as I know, totally manipulated. I threw the towel in and decided against buying one, especially now. I think they are way artificially inflated, especially when you look at the high number of PSA 10's in the pop report and the full availability of them. they aren't scarce by any means.

not gonna say they are topped out, but way too overpriced now to buy in.