View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:44 PM

Just an update for everyone, I went back to the auction house earlier today and I was, thankfully, able to get my money back. I had printed out several articles and pictures from online, including all of your responses in this thread, and the manager was very understanding and refunded 100% of my money, including the buyer's premium and tax.

They said they received a call from someone in Florida (big surprise, it sounds like...) asking if they could sell some autographs at the auction and they asked if they were real. The auction house was told the were and they all came with certificates of authenticity. But, because they are so busy, they didn't double check them all. And, based on their disappointment that they sold fake items and understanding of my situation, I do believe this was an honest mistake and a learning experience for us all.

So, thank you to everyone on here for all of your insight. Because of all your help, I was able to get my money back. And now I'll certainly be more aware of what to look for as I build my collection.