View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 10:09 AM
Matt

That Mick 1.5 is extraordinary and would be very hard if not downright impossible to find a nicer example for less than whatever was paid for that example. I'd take that card over an 80/20 higher grade example with sharper corners, surface being equal.

As to the collection reshaping being discussed here, I think that is something that so many of us collectors go through. It has a lot of facets to it. Parting with pieces we like so much, and know that we may never get back— even if we can get another specimen of the card back, we know it may cost us more down th eline, or we may not find the right one looks-wise for years. It's tough.

I'm going through it right now. I prefer a smaller collection, and I am contemplating selling a ton of stuff I really like for one more expensive piece. I'm talking having to sell all four Goudey Ruths that took me years to find the right ones, a Ruth-Gehrig signed ball with great provenance that took forever to find, etc. Really tough choices but also is exciting and fun to be engaged in something.

Last edited by MattyC; 08-26-2020 at 10:11 AM.