Thread: Philly Show
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Default Philly Show

Posted By: Pennsylvania Ted

I have to disagree with you....If you get to the Philly Show on Friday when the doors open, you
will find some great stuff. By 8 PM on Friday nite most of the best stuff has been sold.
And, there is no excuse not to be there on Friday if you are a serious collector.

I have done this Show since March of 1981, and despite a heavy working schedule back then, I
would always schedule a vacation day on a particular Friday every March and September (and
subsequently May and December, also) well in advance.

I lost count of all the Philly Shows, as I have (with the exception of one) done all of them since
1981. That also includes the former Seashore Show in Ocean City, NJ every Summer.

And, I will tell you for a fact....I have never been disappointed in Selling....Buying....or Acquiring
sports cards for my collection. Every one of these Shows have been outstanding for me. Barry
Sloate and Mark Macrae can vouch for the veracity of this statement, as I have always shared
my experience at the Show with them, afterwards.

You and I most likely have different collecting preferences; however, from limited discussions we
have had....I don't think they are that dissimilar. Therefore, I am finding it difficult to understand
how this Show has nothing to offer you.

TED Z