View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 01:59 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis13 View Post
Call me crazy, but as a life long Cubs fan, I always had them sitting near the Left field line where they are on the tv version. If they filmed in the morning the sun rises in the east, so they would be facing the sun for the shot, so I think that works. Maybe semantics, but that ain't "the bleachers" Mr Dodgers Fan (link 2), and as far as I remember (my age limits my first hand knowledge) there has never been seat backs in the bleachers section verified back to late 1980s.

It happened in 2016.......just needed to add that.
As a member and manager of the Wrigley Field security from 1982 to 1987 I can tell you that you are exactly right in that this portion of the film was filmed in the left field box seats way down the line almost near the foul pole. I was there that day and was asked to walk through the scene in uniform with my partner to give a hint of realism but sadly we were cut out of the scene. None of us who were there that day had any idea that the film we were working was going to become as iconic as it did.

And by the way...to this then 22 year old Mia Sara was incredible in person.

What was also amazing to me was that this scene was only filmed with about 20 extras. Seeing the scene on the big screen I could not believe how "crowded" the ballpark looked for this shot.

Last edited by whitehse; 02-28-2018 at 02:03 PM.