View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 09:21 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Caldwell was one of FOUR brothers to play in the NBA. He was surrounded by superstars and big egos, but he was a solid player, the type any coach would want on his team.
I saw his brother Charlie (listed as Charles) play in the CBA for the Bay State Bombardiers. Basketball Reference does not seem have the info correct on his career. He was in the CBA when he signed his 10 day contract with the 76ers. His one game that first season was against the Celtics at Boston Garden. I remember talking to him outside the locker room after the game. Very soft spoken. I was glad when he finally made it into the league and had a long career and an NBA Championship. That 82-83 season with the Bombardiers was played at Brockton, MA high school. Under coach Johnny Neumann (x-ABA player) they went to the playoffs. The first round they faced the Albany Patroons coached by Phil Jackson. This is the year Jackson won his first pro basketball championship. The coach of the Lancaster Lightning that year was Jackson's teammate on the Knicks, Cazzie Russell. The first time Lancaster came to Brockton their starting point guard was John Lucas. This was his way back into the NBA after substance abuse issues.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”