View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 12:19 PM

Default JimStinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Mike Sergio was the guy who parachuted into Shea.
Back then we did a signing with him. We sold a truckload of signed World Series programs.
Very nice guy. They arrested him for endangering the public. It's funny because I saw his jump log. He had over 10000 jumps and told me he could land on a spot the size of a dime if asked to.

As a Mets fan, I always hated the fact that Buckner misplayed the ball. The fact is that he would've fielded the ball on the edge of the outfield with bad ankles. Mookie Wilson was already about a third of the way up the line when he made the error. Even if he fielded it cleanly, there is no way Buckner or the pitcher would've beat Mookie to first base.
Perhaps the winning run doesn't score on that play, but I don't think the inning is over either.
Best,
Mark
Very Cool , The guy with the parachute helped to make that one of the most amazing games I'd ever seen. Mike Sergio ! did he ever say what possessed him to do it ?
Weird things always seem to happen whenever the Red Sox or Cubs are involved in playoffs or WS. Don't blame Buckner the "goat" in that Series was John McNamara who completely forgot he was a manager. Buckner should have never even STARTED the game and certainly should have been on the bench with that lead, even if McNamara himself had to play 1st base.