Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Thank you so much, Jerry!

Each piece really varies in time-spent. For the most part, the smaller portraits (9" x 12"s to 16" x 20"s) take the least amount of time - about 2-3 weeks. It's the larger paintings that require a lot of planning out and research that really do me in. Those can take anywhere from a month to two or three.

I guess it just all depends on the size, the research required for the painting, and the complexity of the image itself.
Thanks for sharing Graig. I would think the research would be fun ... although as an artist I can see where you would want to finally get to the easel :-) I was curious about the time it takes to render a complete painting because my daughter has shown some skill in many of the arts, although oil and water color painting is not one she has spent much time with. She does sketch a good bit. She sketched a Chipper Jones and Audrey Hepburn for me for Fathers day a couple years ago :-) She also has a great photography eye. Anyway ... I was going to show her some of your excellent paintings (and the original photo's) so she could see some of your fine work. Again ...thanks for sharing!