View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 08:31 AM
Ke.vin G.ray

In my area we don't have any trouble getting baseball. The flippers are all after the shiny basketball and football. All of the Panini Prizim, Optic, Hoops etc. are gone the minute the distributors put it on the shelves. Usually the guys are standing there waiting and the distributor asks who wants what, and then hands it out evenly to anyone standing there. The flippers all know what days particular stores get stocked, so they show up and camp out. The local Targets have gotten to the point where they sometimes run them out of the store. Local Walmarts are literally having managers being paid off to go into the back before the distributors get there to grab the cases of product, which are then given to the guys making the payoffs. It's insane. I'm happy that I don't care about the football and basketball, because I can usually grab any baseball I'm interested in without much trouble. Sometimes when the baseball first comes out the flippers grab it out of habit, but pretty soon they stop. Last year I was able to get all of the Series 1, Series 2, Update and Chrome that I wanted. We've still got Chrome update on shelves, and some stores still have regular 2020 Update packs and boxes.
kevin