View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo71 View Post
There's a Jeter up now for a ridiculous $1495. He was $800 I think for non-RC flats at his last private signing and I emailed to confirm the plaques fell into that category. They do. The signing price may tick up slightly but Jeter will do a signing or two and these will start to become more readily available. Same with Simmons, he just hasn't done any signings since the plaques were issued. Give it a little time.
$1495 is somewhat ridiculous, yet somewhat not. From the seller's perspective, he has his $800 outlay. Jeter signings won't likely be a regular occurrence and it's doubtful they'll get any cheaper. After his fees, taxes, etc., the seller is trying for a markup in the 40-50% range. I can't say as I begrudge him. It costs money to sit on $800 items. Jeter's signing was limited to a certain number of items, so the possibility of having a bunch of plaques signed to do a quick flip with much thinner profit margins just wasn't there.

I just hope that a $1495 Jeter plaque doesn't sound like a "bargain" a few years from now.