View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 08:28 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by divecchia View Post
Hi Steve,

Yes, the messages are specific to the card number. Card #111 will always have "D.A.R.E. TO KEEP KIDS OFF DRUGS".

The cards were issued in foil packs. I have yet to pull one myself in the 1/2 dozen or so boxes that I've opened, but I know someone who has pulled a couple from these boxes. (see box pictured below)

I read somewhere many years ago that according to Mike Cramer, president of Pacific Cards, that there were only 200 of each message printed. That means there would be about 2,000 cards in total numbered from 110 through 220. He also said that not all of them made it into production because the thicker cards kept jamming up the machines, so some were pulled from production. So, I don't think anyone really knows how many are out there.

To date, PSA has graded about 160 "Ghostwriting" cards in total of which 70 are unique card numbers out of the possible 110. That means there are still 40 card numbers of the 110 that have yet to have an example graded by PSA. The card numbers that have been graded are all included in the Nolan Ryan Master set on the PSA Registry. I've only got 13 out of the 70 graded so far, so I have a looooooooong way to go.

If anyone has any other info or leads to these cards I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Donato

I'll have to check and see if I have any. I'm not even sure I have any of the regular set. Just one of those that slid past me.

Steve B