View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 02:17 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
People at the school and community level can make a judgment not to teach critical race theory in K-12 without needing a law explicitly banning it.
So it should be a school board meeting or a county law, and that's the objection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
And I am all in favor of allowing a professor to teach it in college, such is academic freedom. I don't like the theory, but then again I did not grow up and experience the world as a black person so I try to withhold judgment a bit.
I think I'm more convinced the law is a good idea, as no real argument against the law as it is actually written is ever put forth. I can't get you to make any actual statement of what the objection is, or to address the actual law, or to address how it is logically consistent to hold this in violation of the first but not every other such law, or answer really any question lol. No one wants to explain how it's okay to teach white people are bad for X but to teach back people are bad for Y should still be banned. I have 1st amendment concerns on pretty much every education bill, but I fail to see why we would want to teach racism against any race in school, or which of the 8 very direct and specific points is bad policy, nor can anyone state an argument against any of them, apparently.