View Single Post
Old 04-28-2023, 11:35 AM
Troy Rambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
Layoffs coupled with the news of them getting stuck with defaulted loans were the collateral is worth 1/10 to 1/2 of what it was when the loan was written. Does not seem like good news to me. I don’t get why some are always so quick to defend some of the people they do, it mystifies me. As for sports card radio please show me all these times they’ve been wrong about the hobby? I think they sometimes are jerks about how they say stuff and there politics are absurd but they tend to be on top of the hobby and what’s going on. I must admit I was shocked at how good KG was on the show last night.

Not defending PWCC here at all but I don't think there's been anything more than rumor on the significance of the defaults w/substandard collateral. I also agree w/Ryan's comments that layoffs don't exactly equal sky is falling sort of things. I'm sure there are instances where PWCC did lose money on the loans but I'd guess (and it's just that) there was something in the business model to accommodate for it.

We'll see how it all shakes out.