View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:09 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

It's really hard to say what the difference is "in reality". BGS basically one upped PSA in terms of the "pristine" grade. PSA 10 should realistically equate to a 9.5 or a 10 on BGS' scale. I honestly think there isn't that much of a difference between a BGS 9.5 or a BGS 10. The difference at times can be as little as ONE of the subgrades receiving a 9.5 instead of a 10(or a 9 instead of a 9.5).. Or the difference can be at it's most extreme 4-10's vs 3-9.5s and a 9... Just make sure you stay away from the BCCG 10's..

Inversely a BGS 10 equates to nothing more than "Gem Mint" 10 in a PSA holder. So the designation of PRISTINE is semi-irrelevant, in terms of comparison to PSA.

To me the difference is often so minimal that I find it hard to really put too much emphasis on a BGS 10 over a high 9.5 or a PSA 10. Keep in mind, that with the subgrades, not all 9.5s are even valued the same.

These are just my opinions though. Hopefully someone else can chime in with a different opinion. But I personally couldn't justify spending $900, when the $25 card could realistically be just as good.