View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 04:55 PM
Ke.vin G.ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
He changed the description of the listing to say that it only contains the three cards of Cerone, Gossage, and Reggie. A certain board member (not me) rattled him . ETA: I found the listing you were talking about that had several Yankees packs. The whole lot went for $49. I wonder if the buyer is the same guy that is trying to sell one pack for $2,000.
Oh holy cow! Are those yours? If so, are you willing to part with any of them? I have enjoyed collecting 1981 Coke cards, and those would be neat to add to my collection!

The price of $1000 for that one on ebay is absurd. Just absolutely ridiculous. If for no other reason than anyone with recent experience opening these packs knows that the cards don't come out in very good condition. I bought a few boxes of Astros and Royals packs a few years ago and opened enough of them to make a set and to realize that they are all perfectly sequenced, so there is no need to open the packs in a quest for different cards (the Don Sutton packs in the Astros quickly became favorites!) Since Fritsch still has all three Yankees cards, and has for decades, they aren't exactly impossible to find. And I would bet that Fritsch's cards came directly from Topps and were never in packs and thus are in better shape than any that might come out of those tight little 40 year old bricks.

These are fun, quirky little cards. They are one of the things that makes collecting fun for me! And given our present circumstances, don't we all need a little bit of fun?

Thanks for sharing, Cliff!

kevin