View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 08:06 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Default HOWE does this make any sense?

HOWE? HOWE? HOWE?

Goldin sold a PSA 8.5 Gordie Howe rookie for $210,330 US with BP, which is a record-breaking price. However, a PSA 8 just now went for only $56,600 US!

Being a hockey-loving Canadian and having spent years studying the Howe rookie, I think this whole thing is a perfect example of what I call "stupidity in the hobby."

The PSA 8 was a FULL-SIZED card, and for those of you who know the Howe rookie, you know very darn well how difficult it is to find an example that measures 1.5 by 2.5 inches. Majority of them were cut smaller than this, and unfortunately, some of them were trimmed at a later date. Based on the scan, the PSA 8.5 appears to be smaller in size, and this did turn me off a bit. In my opinion, any Howe rookie that grades this high should be a full-sized card. Now, I am not saying that this card has been trimmed. It might be totally fine. However, if I am going to spend that kind of money on one, then it better be a full-sized card!

End of rant