View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 11:25 AM
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Everyone wants baseball to stay exactly like it was when they were 12 year sold. Unfortunately the world doesn't stay that way.

You know what the most popular commodity in football is? The red zone tv channel. My kids love football. They consume it entirely differently than I did. The idea of watching complete games befuddles them. They watch 10 games at the same time. And are on the internet at the same time texting about the games. Never in a million years sit at a bar and watch a game.

Movie theatres? Dying. People under the age of 40 consume movies differently.

Bowling alleys? Forget about it.

Academy awards? Grammys. Please. No one cares. Send me a 3 minute you tube clip of the highlights.

College football? Many schools can't fill their stadiums anymore. I will follow it on my phone from a bar or my dorm room.

The world changes. It's not really about baseball.

Over 40 million Americans went to a major league baseball game last year. And then there is minor leagues. And college games. Tell me what's even close to that.
Exactamundo....and if the Fonz were on network TV today, hardly anyone would watch until it came to Netflix or somewhere else where it could be binge watched(and without commercials). They still might not watch unless there were nude scenes added with some of Fonzie's hook ups(which I would be perfectly fine with).