View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 09:22 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
I'm not accusing any third-party grader of any misconduct, or doing what I'm about to explain. This is just my unsupported personal opinion.

What makes more business sense - to under or over grade? If a card is under graded (or perceived to be), there is a chance the company will get another bite of the financial apple. The reason is either the owner or a subsequent buyer may crack the card and re-submit it for grading. This produces another grading fee for the same card.

However, who, other than a fool, would submit an over graded (or perceived to be) card for resubmission? This doesn't create the opportunity for potentially more fees from the same card.
The best business practice would be to offer a service and do it as well as possible every time and in the case of grading...being consistent. That way people will come back over and over. Well neither PSA nor SGC have had to do that. People come back no matter how frustrated and disappointed.

PSA is grading tougher, it would seem, part of it has to be too many people in the grading room. Try getting a room of 15 people to agree on where to go to lunch. PSA has more than 100 graders. I have seen PSA do this from time to time where they tighten up and then they relax. Who knows why. Consistently should be their number one goal.